The applicant should have:
- NZ citizenship or permanent residency in NZ;
- Demonstrated excellence in tax policy with potential to be a future tax policy leader
- 5+ years of work experience with 2 or more years relevant to tax policy;
The Award is for up to NZ $30,000 to be applied to travel, accommodation, and other study related costs.
Tenure of the Award
It is anticipated that the Award will allow for three to six weeks of study overseas. However, applicants may seek to apply the Award as a partial contribution to a longer period of study or to fund engagement with tax policy experts overseas or within New Zealand.
Frequency and Timing
- The Award will initially be offered in 2013. The intention is that the Award will be offered every two years but this will be at the discretion of the Trustees.
- Applications will open early in the calendar year and will be open for approximately six weeks. Please continue to check this website for application open and close dates.
- Applicants will be notified approximately six weeks after the closing date if their application has been short-listed;
- Short-listed applicants will be expected to attend an interview with the Selection Panel.
Application Process and Forms
- Applications must be completed and submitted in the required form by the closing date for applications;
- All required supporting documents must be submitted by the closing date for applications;
- Candidates who have been short-listed for interview will be notified in writing;
- Interviews will be held in Wellington. The Tax Policy Charitable Trust will pay reasonable costs of travel to Wellington for interviews;
- All candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application following the conclusion of interviews and the selection of the successful candidate by the Selection Panel.
Note: The Trustees will not have involvement with the selection process.
The application form will be available on this website.
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions for the Robin Oliver Tax Policy Scholarship Award form part of the application form and should be read before completing the application form.